Gallery

Gallery: 
M. L. P, 19th Century
Ingerthorpe Grange, Markington, Yorkshire, 1867
Signed/Inscribed: 

inscribed and dated in the margin "ingerthorpe grange yorkshire, 1867"

pencil and watercolour
15 x 22.50cm.

Notes

Ingerthorpe Grange, Westerns Lane, Markington, Harrogate, England, HG3 3PD Markington is a village in the Harrogate District, in the English county of North Yorkshire. The population of the civil parish (including Markenfield Hall) taken at the 2011 census was 629. Nearby settlements include the city of Ripon, the town of Harrogate, the village of South Stainley and the hamlet of Ingerthorpe. The A61 is nearby. Markington has a school, post office, village hall, cricket and football pitch, a place of worship, a pub and a camp site.

Markington is the principal settlement in the civil parish of Markington with Wallerthwaite. Wallerthwaite is a deserted medieval village just south of Markington. Markington with Wallerthwaite was historically a township in the parish of Ripon, and became a separate civil parish in 1866. It absorbed the civil parish of Ingerthorpe in 1937.